- Fire Department
- Emergency Management
Governor Abbott issued a Disaster Declaration consisting of 23 Counties, which included Dallas County and Ellis County. Help capture damage assessments by using this QR code to report damages. Individuals are encouraged to report damages but this is solely voluntary and does not substitute for reporting damages to your insurance agency. Completing a report does not guarantee disaster relief assistance.
For additional information, please see the following:
Governor Greg Abbott Disaster Declaration (PDF)
Declaration of Local Disaster and State of Emergency - Effective August 22, 2022 (PDF)
PREPAREDNESS PLAN AND PROTOCOL
City of Glenn Heights is closely monitoring the international outbreak COVID-19, and we are diligently working with Texas Department of State Health Services and Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS), as well as other state agencies to stay abreast of the news, protocol and to share updates.
City Facilities PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
In addition to following all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and DCHHS protocols, we are increasing precautionary measures, training, and communication throughout all the city facilities.
- City of Glenn Heights has increased cleaning protocols to include more frequent wiping and disinfecting of touch points in its facility during occupied event hours, such as door handles, handrails, restroom stall doors and sinks.
- We have ensured that hand sanitizer stations are strategically placed in all areas throughout the buildings.
- Management is reinforcing standard employee health practices, including sending employees home and/or encouraging employees to stay home if they are sick or demonstrate health symptoms that could impact fellow colleagues or guests.
- The City of Glenn Heights Public Safety staff have a response plan in place in case someone shows symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will continue to participate in webinars and conference calls with state and local agencies to stay abreast of new practices, protocols and guidance and to provide ongoing training for staff regarding best practices to provide a safe and healthy environment.
Texas Department of State Health Services
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
A live-tracker of the spread of the disease from Johns Hopkins University.
The latest updates from the WHO on the virus.
WHO’s recommendations for the public to reduce exposure
WHO’s rolling updates on coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
INDIVIDUAL PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
The best way you can protect yourself is to practice healthy habits every day and take steps that will protect yourself from being exposed to the spread of respiratory viruses. It is always recommended that people who are ill avoid travel to keep from potentially exposing others to viruses. Please follow the CDC recommendations to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. Wash your hands often (between fingers and under nails) with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
The mission of the City of Glenn Heights Office of Emergency Management is to coordinate activities of the City departments responsible for continued operations during disaster, coordinate agreement for the use of resources, communicate with State and Federal agencies and provide education and training to citizens and municipal employees.
After the December 26th, 2015 tornado, the City became more focused on Emergency Management. Having dealt first hand with a devastating disaster in its own community. Preparedness became a top priority with the Council and the Public Safety Department. In September of 2017, Eddie Burns took the lead as Emergency Management Coordinator (EMC), to replace the previous EMC. Deputy Chief/Fire Marshal, Keith Moore has remained the Assistant, Emergency Management Coordinator, creating a budget line for Emergency Management, which Council approved and was funded in 2016-2017 and increased in 2017-2018. This allowed for several improvements to our Emergency Operations.