Sanitation & Recycling
Recycling & Trash Pickup
The City adopted a recycling plan, and as such, regular trash collection changed from twice a week collection to once a week collection. The total amount of refuse collection should not be affected.
A flat rate per month provides once a week residential trash pickup which includes one container and once a week recycling pickup on Wednesdays. A separate 96 gallon cart is provided for recycling. Additional trash containers or recycling containers are available for an extra monthly fee. The schedule is as follows:
- Wednesdays: Trash (use green-lid cart) and Citywide recycling (use yellow-lid cart only). Brush/bulk for residents are picked up separately on Wednesdays.
Download the Infographics
Where to Put Your Carts
All trash and recyclables should be placed at the curb or alley depending on neighborhood by 7 a.m. on collection day to ensure prompt pick-up. Please be sure to place your collection carts at curbside only on your designated day. Place carts at least 3 feet from vehicles, other carts or objects with the lid facing the street. The lid must be completely closed.
- Cans and Foil: Tin, aluminum, steel or bi-metal cans, aerosol cans and jar lids.
- Paper: Newspaper, junk mail, cardboard, books, phone books, egg cartons, frozen food packaging, paper bags and boxes and magazines. No gift wrapping paper, No photos, or food contaminated paper.
- Plastic: Plastic bottles 1 through 7, milk jugs and detergent containers. No plastic bags, No food contaminated items, No Styrofoam or packing peanuts.
- Glass: Bottles and jars, food containers, beverage containers. (Please rinse) No light bulbs, ceramics or glass windows or mirrors.
Do not place the following in collection carts:
- Biomedical waste
- Cleaning fluid
- Construction debris
- Dead animals weighing over 10 pounds
- Hazardous waste
- Light bulbs
Bulk Waste & Brush
Residents may place out for collection up to four 4 cubic yards of bulk waste furniture, washers, dryers, etc. on regular trash collection day. Brush no longer has to be bundled but please be sure to cut limbs, branches, etc. into manageable lengths. No limbs over 40 pounds.