Storm Water Management

Drainage Ditch Being Dug Beside a RoadBeginning in 2008, the City of Glenn Heights was required, through Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), to participate in an extension of the Clean Water Act called the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) and with this program, the City became responsible for many unfunded mandates from the State of Texas.


After much research, deliberation and consideration the City Council, on September 21, 2009, approved a new utility fee effective October 1, 2009. This utility fee is included on the monthly water bill.

Residential Fee

The residential fee is $5.08 per month.

Commercial Fee

Commercial fee calculated on the square feet of lot size is based on a tiered system as follows:

Square Footage of Lot (Square Feet)Fee
0 to 25,000$15
25,000 to 43,560$30
43,560 to 130,680$50
130,680 to 217,800$100
217,800 Plus$175

Brush Machine Scrubs the Street Clear of Dust and LeavesUse of Fee

The fee funds Storm Water control efforts such as:

  • Annual Street Sweeping
  • Clean Up Day
  • Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
  • Increased surveillance, investigation and
  • Prosecution of illegal dumping
  • Storm Drainage Maintenance

Available Assistance

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality maintains many toll-free numbers for specific uses. For a full listing, visit the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality website.

Storm Water Management Resources

Illicit Discharge

Please call Public Works at 972-223-1690 ext.430 or Police Dispatch at 972-223-3478 (After business hours) to report:

  • Oil spills
  • Chemical Spills
  • Discharge of non-rain water into storm systems and road side ditches

Get connected to several phone numbers and websites for storm water management.


Citizens are encouraged to reduce their household trash by recycling. The City has three recycle bins located at City Hall:
1938 S Hampton Road
Red Oak, TX 75154

If you wish to help by recycling, place your items in the bins. All containers should be free of food debris. Please do not put any Hazardous Waste in the containers. For additional information, contact City Hall at 972-223-1690.

Recyclable Materials

The following items may be recycled:

  • Aluminum beverage cans, steel/tin cans
  • Glass bottles, clear and colored
  • Paper
    • Cardboard boxes
    • Envelopes
    • Junk mail
    • Magazines
    • Newspapers
    • Telephone books
  • Number 1 and Number 2 plastic bottles and containers