Honks For Hugs Parade
- Heritage Heights
- Heritage Heights and Heritage Lakes
- Kingston Meadows
- Meadow Springs
- Beaver Creek Meadows
- Glenn Heights Community
- Beaver Creek Estates and Meadow Creek Estates
- Gateway Estates
- Gateway Park and Dynasty Manor
The City of Glenn Heights invites you to participate in the 1st Annual “Honks for Hugs” parade. The purpose of this parade is to lift the community spirit and create a sense of togetherness, as everyone has been in a state of quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Let’s show our community pride and bring some joy to our neighborhoods while maintaining safe social distancing practices!
To ensure that we circulate through every neighborhood in the City, we have set aside two days to host the event:
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020 @ 3 pm- Dallas County/ DeSoto ISD neighborhoods
- Thursday, May 14, 2020 @ 3 pm- Ellis County/ Red Oak ISD neighborhoods
- Medical Professionals: We would like for essential medical professionals to participate in the parade to recognize them and thank them for their bravery working on the front-lines.
- Class of 2020 Graduating Seniors: We would also like to extend the invitation to Glenn Heights graduating seniors to participate in the parade and be recognized for their accomplishments.
- Neighbors, residents and friends: Please help encourage neighbors to line the streets in front of their home to cheer and participate in this community spirit initiative!
If you would like to participate in the parade convey, please email email@example.com by Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
The rules of the parade are simple:
- No floats
- No walking outside vehicles
- No throwing of products of any kind
- Avoid large amounts of people in one vehicle; Please consider social distancing rules
- Please decorate your car so people watching know who you are or what you represent
- Please Honk and make noise! We cannot hug each other so honking is how we show our support.