Finance & Procurement
Welcome to the City of Glenn Heights Finance Department. We’re delighted that you are interested in the finances of the City and hope this information will be beneficial to you.
To maintain the City's overall financial stability through sound financial planning and management. We are committed to quality, flexibility and innovation in providing financial services that not only meet our customer needs but also exceed the expectations of those that use and depend on our services.
The Finance Department manages and accounts for the City’s financial resources. The department is responsible for:
- The development of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Preparing and monitoring the Annual Fiscal Year Budget
- The preparation of Monthly Financial Reports for Mayor and Council
- Investment of City funds and banking relations
- Managing City finances in compliance with all governing financial and accounting guidelines
- Purchasing - The City has partnered with Public Purchase, an online procurement system register with Public Purchase to view open bids, requests for proposals and qualifications and bid tabulations and notifications of awards
Additionally, the department provides daily financial operations for the City, such as payroll, accounts payable, debt management and financial reporting.