- Planning & Development Services
Planning & Development Services
The Planning Department engages citizens in an ongoing dialogue about Glenn Heights' future and plays a central role in guiding the long-term development of the built and natural environment.
Planning implements City Council’s land use policy, monitors and updates the City's Comprehensive Plan, ensures compliance of the Zoning and Development related codes, and develops sub-area plans and urban design standards. Planning staff guide and support the work of the Glenn Heights Planning and Zoning Commission and the Glenn Heights Zoning Board of Adjustments.
- Promote rational, economical and environmentally efficient use of land, to allow Glenn Heights to grow in a manner consistent with adopted ordinances and the goals of the community
- Provide support and advice to elected officials and boards, residents, city departments, neighborhood groups, and developers
- Focus on community engagement, customer service, creativity, accountability and continuous improvement
- Ensure protection of the natural environment
- Ensure buildings and structures are safe
- Promote a healthy and safe community via code enforcement, inspections of buildings, plan reviews and the provision of facilities such as sidewalks and trails
- Building Inspections
- Code Compliance
- Landscaping and Screening Ordinance (link)
- Sign Ordinance (link)
- Zoning Ordinance (link)
All ordinances can be found in the City of Glenn Heights Code of Ordinances